- School Trips and Visits
- The Taught Curriculum
- Information & Communication Technology
- Physical Education
- The Creative Curriculum
- Religious Education
- Special Educational Needs and additional provision
- More Able Children
- Personal, Health and Social Education
- Sex Education
- Multicultural Education
- Collective Worship
- Penguin Class (Reception)
- Starfish Class (Reception)
- Stingray Class (Year 1)
- Puffin Class (Year 1)
- Seal Class (Year 2)
- Octopus Class (Year 2)
- Coral Class (Years 3 & 4)
- Shark Class (Years 3 & 4)
- Jellyfish Class (Years 3 & 4)
- Turtle Class (Years 3 & 4)
- Dolphin Class (Years 5 & 6)
- Seahorse Class (Years 5 & 6)
- Swordfish Class (Years 5 & 6)
- The New Curriculum
Puffin Class (Year 1)
EVERYTHING CHANGES - Puffin Class – Terms 1 and 2
- Writing about changes – new babies, new houses, different families, growing up.
- The Ugly Duckling
- The story of Guy Fawkes
- Halloween – scary stories
- Christmas Journey – Mary and Joseph
- Christmas Poetry
- Ordering and sequencing
- Addition to 10 and to 20
- Subtraction to 10 and to 20
- 2D shape
- Science – Seasonal Change and Weather
- Summer to Autumn and Autumn to Winter.
- Animals and Humans – babies and adults
- Exploring through senses
- History – changes in our lives
- Geography – changes in our area
- Christmas crafts
- Art – observational drawings and art work.
What you can do to help at home
- Read some books from the library on Changes – new homes, new babies, growing up.
- Make your own map of your journey from home to school.
- Make a rain gauge to collect rain water.
- Use chalks to draw round puddles and shadows outside – how do they change?
- Collect some interesting leaves as the seasons change – bring them to school, how do they change?
- Make a collection of some 2D shapes that you can find at home
- Let your children to pay for things with coins in the shops – getting used to paying and receiving change.
- Don’t forget to read for 10 minutes every day!